From How To

Calculating the Odds for Online Baccarat

By on

calculating the odds for online baccarat

Baccarat is one of the most popular casino games in the industry. Because so many new players are drawn to this game of sophistication and simplicity, more and more online casinos like Prism are adding baccarat to their online gaming selection.

Playing baccarat is all about making the smartest bet; choosing the most likely of the three choices (player, banker, or tie) that will win.

If you really want to turn a simple game into a numbers game, you should try your hand at calculating the odds for winning online baccarat. In this article, let’s assume that the odds for baccarat are calculated for a game using 8 decks of cards.

Calculating for Player

player

The baccarat odds for betting on the Player are as follows.

If the actual player bets $1 that the player will win the game, there are three possible outcomes. If the player wins (a 44.62% probability), the payout is $1. If the banker wins (45.68% probability) rather than the player, the $1 is lost. If they tie, you lose your $1 and gain nothing. The house edge that the player will in is 1.2351% with no return expected.

Calculating for Banker

banker

The baccarat odds for betting on the Banker are as follows.

If the player bets on the banker to win the game, there are still three possible outcomes. If the banker wins (a 45.86% probability) the payout is $.95 after the house takes their 5% cut. If the player wins (a 44.62% probability) you lose your $1. The third outcome is that they tie (9.52%), which means you lose or gain nothing. The house edge for the banker winning is 1.0579%.

Calculating for a Tie

tie

The baccarat odds for betting on a Tie are as follows.

If the player bets on a tie (a 9.52% probability), there still three possible outcomes. If the banker and player tie, the payout is $8 on a $1 bet. If the player wins (a 44.62% probability), you lose $1. If the banker wins (a 45.86% probability), you guessed it, you lose your $1. Because the house edge on a tie bet is 14.3596%, there is an expected gain of 72.12% which makes the tie the most favorable bet.

While there is a lot of luck involved in online gambling, there are a lot of numbers involved as well. If you know the odds of winning in baccarat you could become a great player. But remember that even though calculating is a numbers game, baccarat is still a game of chance.

If you want to try your luck at a game of online baccarat, check out the sleek and fun baccarat games PrismCasino.com has to offer.

Gemma Sykes

Gemma is not only a great game player who enjoys casino halls, she is also a great jazz dancer. She has a very keen interest in the way things work, her curiosity got her a job on online gambling industry as a writer. Always looking for new and fun ways to do things and still have time for the spotlight.