My boss told me that we’re getting questions about playing Double Jackpot Poker and that I needed to write a post about it. Is it true? I wondered. In an attempt to prove him wrong, I started asking people how much they knew about the game. This is how I found out that not only is this true, but many people actually don’t even know it exists.
A friend of mine even told me, “just because you know the casino games upside down, doesn’t mean we all, earthlings do.” If I tell you this, it is because I actually don’t want to become one of those people who forget about those subjects that are needed to keep in mind in order to write about what you need.
So let’s go for it! Here are some basic steps and tips on how to play Double Video Jackpot Poker.
- Double Jackpot is played with the same basic rules that you’ll find at most Jacks or Better video poker machines, as well as at Double Jackpot machines.
- The minimum hand to receive a payout is a pair of jacks and every hand stronger than that is paid out according to the pay table that’s posted at the top of the machine.
- To get started, all you have to do is choose a coin size for each bet and then choose how many coins you wish to wager on each hand.
- The highest payouts are always awarded for wagering the maximum number of coins so make sure you pick a coin size with which you’re comfortable betting 5 coins at a time.
- The increased payouts for a Royal Flush make this game much more profitable when playing with 5 coins at a time.
- Now that you have your betting sizes all figured out, the next thing you do is click the “Deal” button. You’ll get five cards at random and can select which of these cards you wish to keep and which ones you wish to discard.
- After you make your selection, push the “Draw” button to discard your undesired cards and get new ones.
- After you receive your new cards, your final five card hand is ranked according to the pay table.
- If you have a pair of jacks or better, you will be paid accordingly.
- The first and easiest tip to help you increase your win rate at Double Jackpot video poker is to make sure you always bet the maximum number of coins.
- The increased payouts for Royal Flushes substantially increase your win rate over the long run.
- The proper strategy for Double Jackpot video poker is quite complex and difficult to find.
- One thing you can do to increase your win rate is to always hold three sequential cards when you get them, except for the cards 2-3-4.
- If you have a single low pair, it’s better to keep that pair than to keep a single, unmatched high card.
- This might seem odd since low pairs don’t pay but it works out better in the long run because you have more two-pair, three-of-a-kind, full house and four-of-a-kind possibilities with small pairs.
Let me know if these steps helped you get there. Otherwise, I will be more than happy to provide all of you with more details. Have fun!