What would it be like to live in a world without laws? Pretty chaotic huh? We’re breaking down the 15 most ridiculous laws from all over the world not just because they’re ridiculous but because we think it’s even more outrageous that someone had to rule these laws in the first place.
Prism Casino newest infographic brings you confirmed, real laws from around the world that are so silly you’ve probably never thought possible.
Make sure to post this fun infographic on your blog or site, or just share it on your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account. Click to Enlarge.
As a bonus treat, here are some additional crazy laws from around the world, that didn’t make the cut:
- It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down
- In Wisconsin you cannot serve margarine instead of butter at a restaurant. According to the Food Regulation section of Wisconsin Legislation, the offender “may be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500 or imprisoned not more than 3 months or both”.
- In Australia, after legislation in 2010, it became illegal to sell incandescent light bulbs but, there is a planet friendly reason for this law: The Australian Government wants to replace inefficient incandescent lights with more energy efficient alternatives.
- A new state law in Chicago requires those who buy industrial drain cleaners and other caustic substances to provide photo identification and sign a log.
- Israeli law bans models with a Body Mass index of 18.5 or less from appearing in advertising, even if this is their natural weight and not the result of an eating disorder.
- In Michigan motorcycle riders 21 or older can ride without a helmet… by law.
Which other ridiculous laws from around the world do you know? Share the silliest regulations of your hometown with us. Maybe we’ll even have to create part two of this infographic!
|Embed this Image on Your Site:||Share|